Vasilis is Ambassador’s longest standing brass player and has been with the band from the very beginning (8 years now…)
He is a truly talented player, performer and composer and a young star on the London Jazz scene! Trained at the world renowned Berkley College of Music, Vasilis received a master’s degree in music and then relocated to London where he instantly made a name for himself.
Vasilis is now a highly in demand and plays over 270 gigs a year alongside artistes such as Ray Gelato, Jim Mullen, Martin Shaw, Steve Waterman, Bruce Adams, Edie Harvey, Toney Kinsey, Time Whitehead, David Cliff and many other including Ambassador who are like his family!
Vasilis also leads his own band called Vasilis and the Xtet and their debut album is called Loud City – check it out! They can be found playing venues such as Ronnie Scotts, The London Jazz Festival, The 100 Club, The Spice of Life and a variety of other Jazz Venues around Europe and the UK.
- Geoff Walker – Drums & Band Leader
- Elisha La’verne – Lead Vocals
- Senab Adekunle – Lead Vocals
- Adam Binnie – Lead Vocals
- Otty Warman – Lead Vocals
- Leslie Phillips – Lead Vocals
- Gareth Smith – Lead Guitar
- Sam Davies – Bass
- Yair Schleider – Keyboards
- Stephen Wilcocks – Tenor Sax
- Ed Benstead – Trumpet
- Ian Bailey – Baritone and Alto saxophone
- Vas Xenopoulos – Saxophone
- Chris Rand – Baritone and Tenor Saxophone
- Pete Pentreath – Percussionist